Do you like chocolate chips?
Do you like peanut butter?
Do you go ape-shit for bananas?
Well, here's a recipe for your remedies. Whether you're five or ninety-five years old, I guarantee you that these bad boys will a-PEAL to anyone! Get it?
(adapted from Once Upon a Cutting Board):
Yields 15-16 cupcakes
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
6 tbl unsalted butter, melted
4 large, ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Whisk dry and wet ingredients together.
2. Add in the chocolate chips and whisk until just combined.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F.
4. Line cupcake tin with cupcake liners. Fill liners with batter until three-fourths full.
5. Bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cupcake comes out clean.
6. Let the cupcakes cool before frosting them.
(for Peanut Butter Frosting)
2 tbl unsalted butter, softened
3/4- 1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4-1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
splash of milk (I used soy milk)
1. With an electric mixer, cream butter and peanut butter together. Add in vanilla extract.
2. Slowly add in powdered sugar and flour. If necessary, add in milk to thin out the frosting.
3. Pipe or spread the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes.
I love the love that these cupcakes bring to y'all's hearts. GO BANANAS!!!
Here's the proof: