Let me first start off by saying that:
NUTELLA IS GOLD.
It is audacious, it is sassy, and most of all, it is naughty.
I present to you:
Nutella Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting
(adapted from BiteDelite)
Yields 15-17 cupcakes
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk (I used soy milk; it doesn't make any difference on the taste)
6 tbl unsalted butter, melted
a LOT of Nutella (I just kind of eyeballed it in, until the batter turned a deep rich color)
3/4-1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbl unsalted butter, softened
2 tbl Nutella
1/4 cup flour (to cut down the sweetness)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
splash of milk (to thin out the frosting in case it's too thick)
Shall we begin?
1. Whisk dry ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Whisk wet ingredients together in a larger bowl.
3. Slowly add in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl once in a while. Stir until just incorporated; you wouldn't want the cupcakes to turn out tough.
4. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
5. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners. Fill them three-quarters of the way up with the batter.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until you insert a toothpick into the cupcake and it comes out clean.
7. Let the cupcakes cool before frosting.
(for the frosting)
1. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and Nutella together. Add in the vanilla extract.
2. Slowly mix in the powder sugar and flour, adding in the milk a little bit at a time if the frosting gets too thick.
3. Pipe or spread the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes. Enjoy!